The Final Stages


Today in class we will be going on a "neighborhood hike" to get used to carrying our camera equipment and backpack. This will be awesome practice for how it will be like in Africa. I have two days left in Houston, Texas, then I am off to Tanzania! This trip would never have been possible without the help and belief of my parents. At the beginning of this year I was in the process of convincing my parents to let me study abroad in Italy for about 8 months. Then at school I heard about this photography trip to Africa, and I immediately switched gears and started working on convincing my parents to let me go on this trip. Well, I have to say I make some good arguements, and I am now 2 days away from the grasslands. My dad is a photographer in his spare time and loves taking pictures of sports, so he was on board pretty early when I introduced my parents to this idea. I have made it abundently clear over the years that I love going to new places and experiencing new and different ways of life, so I believe my parents are one hundred percent in favor of this trip for me. They are making my dreams come true and I couldn't be more thankful! We found out yesterday that we will be able to witness a sacrifice of a goat in honor of us visiting this village we will be staying at. Be looking out for pictures of that! I am really excited for this, and I can't wait to experience more of this people's culture. Also, we will be able to befriend and play with the native children and give them gifts! I am SO looking forward to seeing their faces when we show up with those silly bandz that are in shapes of animals and different objects! I see how it brightens up faces here in the United States, and I cannot imagine how it will impact the children in Tanzania! I love french-braiding girls hair and we are bringing over a bunch of hair rubber bands, so I can't wait to do their hair as well! Even if I impact just one person in this village, it will be so worth my time and I am so looking forward to impacting even more than one person! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Your trip and your attitude are both amazing, but PLEASE SAVE the poor little goat! : ( Mrs. Porter

    ReplyDelete